Every student assigned with an essay faces the biggest challenge already on the preparatory stage: he needs to choose a topic. In this article, we will provide you with online help with essay writing and will teach you how to choose a great problem solution topic!
The best option is to choose a subject, which you are passionate about. The chosen issue should also provide a solution – something, which the reader can see and measure. In this article, we offer the best topics in different categories, which will help you to get started.
If you are willing to know how to write a compare and contrast essay, how to choose a winning topic and how to simplify your life, continue reading!
Problem-Solution Essay Definition
Problem solution essay is a paper, which is based on identifying a certain problem and offering the best solution. This task is a mix of critique and argument because the writer should be able to convince the audience.
With its help students show how well they can identify key ideas of the chosen issue, to analyze background information and to find possible solutions, especially if the topic is controversial. In case you are still puzzled, don’t worry! You can contact us and get article critique writing help immediately.
How to Write Problem Solution Essay
Most of the essay types should follow a common structure and problem solution essays are not an exception. In the introductory paragraph, you need to focus on introducing the reader to the topic. There is no need to provide a deep analysis of the subject but you should still explain what you are going to write about.
The next stage is providing background information on the chosen problem: it can be its definition, historical events or researches on the subject. For college students, this paragraph becomes quite challenging because you need to conduct thorough research and to find the most relevant and credible information.
When the problem is stated, you need to provide solutions. Your main goal is to convince the audience that your solution is the best.
Close your essay with a thorough conclusion, which consists of a summary of all the arguments and solutions you have provided.
The Key Components of a Problem Solution Paper
Your problem solution essay must be divided into four components, which include:
- Situations. Provide background information using your own words;
- Problem. Announce the problem and explain what makes it important;
- Solution. Give your own opinion with solutions and possible outcomes;
- Evaluation. Evaluate your essay and don’t forget to include a call-to-action.
Problem Solution Essay Proposal
Once you have come with a list of essay topics, it is important to be sure that the chosen problem really matters. Then you can proceed with writing a proposal.
Here are the steps you need to complete:
- Write down everything you know on the topic;
- Prove yourself that the topic matters. You must be confident that the chosen issue is real and can be solved;
- Find out what else can be learned on the subject. This will help you to encourage readers to conduct their own research;
- Create a plan for your research: will you use online sources or will go to the library? Who will you talk to?
Outline & Structure
Problem solution paper outline can be of two types, which have a few variations based on a common 5-paragraphs format. These two types are block and chain structures.
You should start by listing all of the problems and only then proposing solutions. Block outline will look as follows:
- Introduction and basic information
- Problem #1;
- Problem # 2.
- Transition paragraph
- Solution #1;
- Solution # 2.
- Evaluation / Conclusions.
The second format is used when you are going to present solutions right after you have stated the problem. This format is usually applied, when your paper must be written quickly and briefly, for example, in exam questions or homework tasks.
- Introduction and basic information
- Problem #1 and solution;
- Problem #2 and solution;
- Problem #3 and solution.
- Evaluation / Conclusions.
Starting with an outline will help you in creating an essay of any complexity: whether it is on psychology, business, or any other subject.
Problem Solution Essay Topics: List of Problem and Solution
- How to help mentally unstable individuals? Propose your solutions;
- How to build relationships with people, who are used to control and rule? Should we distant from them?
- What can we do to help those in need?
- What can we do to lower the rates of early-age pregnancies? Should there be more courses with sex education?
- How to prohibit steroids for good?
- How to attract more kids to entering universities?
- What is a perfect path for understudies to cope with a social life?
- What is the best way to stop overeating?
- How to motivate children to complete homework?
- What can we all do to improve education at schools?
Easy Problem Solution Essay Ideas with Examples
If you want to succeed and get an A, you should take the process of choosing a topic very seriously. Start with understanding what you are passionate about. Then make sure you understand the target audience and its needs. Your topic should also be relevant in terms of time and place, so it is better to choose a modern issue that steers minds and discussions at the moment.
In addition, your topic shouldn’t be too broad, because the reader won’t be able to focus attention on a certain issue. In case you have troubles with choosing a topic, you can download a problem solution essay example or order a custom paper from professional writers.
Problem solution topics on sociology may include:
- Immigrants without documents
- Solution 1. Should government deport such immigrants or should it offer them an asylum?
- Solution 2. Will ending of wars contribute to a lesser amount of migrants?
- Sexual assaults at high schools and colleges
- Solution 1. What measures high school and college authorities should implement to prevent sexual assaults?
- Solution 2. Should students be educated about assaults of this kind?
- Solution 1. What kinds of laws may prevent mass shootings?
- Solution 2. Do video games contribute to violence?
Topic Ideas on Relationship
- How to leave the friend zone?
- Can we prevent social media bullying?
- How you can help a person, who is going through depression;
- How to leave an unhealthy relationship;
- How to deal with controlling people;
- Saving your spouse from bad life choices;
- Definition of a ‘real relationship’ in a modern world;
- How to end racism and stereotyping?
- The effect of texting on long-distant relationships;
- Should women make the first move in relationships?
Topics on Education
- Improvement of college instructions for those, who struggle with getting new knowledge;
- Ways to make students more physically active at schools in order to beat obesity;
- Ways how schools should address complex social issues;
- Preparing homeschoolers for schools;
- Should textbooks be replaced by ebooks?
- Should physical instructions be compulsory at schools?
- Should schools use iPads and workstations? How can innovations be implemented in educational establishments?
Environmental problem solution essay topics include:
- Solution 1. Should fracking become illegal? Should governments promote green technologies?
- Solution 2. Should companies, which use fracking be subjected to lawsuits?
- Solution 3. What should we do to educate people about fracking? Should there be more coverage on the media?
- Should more laws and policies be provided to protect wildlife?
- Should big companies and corporations lead people in the protection of wildlife?
- What can social groups do to protect the environment?
- How should the government be involved in the long-term protection of the environment from pollution?
- Should stricter rules be implemented?
- What role should local governments play in pollution regulation?
Following topics on health matters will be suitable both for high school and college students:
- Solution 1. Will adding more detailed descriptions on food packages reduce obesity rates?
- Solution 2. Should schools have additional PE classes to promote physical activity?
- Solution 1. Should doctors, who overprescribe opioids, be fined or even imprisoned?
- Solution 2. Should the government fund researchers in order to find safer medications?
- Addiction to technologies
- Solution 1. Should parents limit their children in using devices?
- Solution 2. Technology-free zones in public places: should there be more of them?